Including art in our homeschool isn’t always easy. You see, as much as I’d love to have incredible art skills, that’s just not who I am. I can draw a rockin’ stick figure family, but that’s not enough to truly give the world of art the attention in deserves. That’s where the internet comes in to save the day!
*Post contains affiliate links; see disclosure for details.*
The internet is a wealth of information for the not-so artsy homeschool parent! Here are some of my favorite places to turn to for help:
Art Concepts & Instruction
- Art for Kids Hub – There’s tons of technique and instruction, plus how to draw pretty much anything!
- Hodgepodge – The entire site is bookmark-worthy, but the art index is especially great!
- 25 Easy Art Techniques for Kids from Happy Hooligans
- 50 Easy Process Art Activities for Kids from Fun at Home with Kids
- 5 Art Appreciation Lessons for Summer Learning from Melissa & Doug
Art Appreciation & Famous Artists
- Exploring the Great Artists by Red Ted Art
- Art Lessons by Artist from Harrington Harmonies
- World’s Greatest Artists Study from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Artist Lives and Work from Crayola
- Art Appreciation Resources from The Sunny Patch
Seasonal Art Links
- 12 Amazing Fall Art Projects to Try Right Now from Hand Made Kids Art
- 10 Wonderful Winter Art Projects from Our Little House in the Country
- 27 Colorful Spring Art Projects for Kids to Be Creative from Hands on As We Grow
- Summer Art from Student Savvy
- All Season Hand and Finger Print Tree from Rhythms of Play
- Giant List of Story Art Projects from Walking by the Way
- Integrating Art and Language Arts from Real Life at Home
- Family History in Homeschool Art from Homemaking with Heart
- Art Around the Ancient World from Harrington Harmonies
- Art Around the World in 30 Days from The Art Curator for Kids
- Connecting Science and Art from Bookbox Daily
- Sun Prints from Gift of Curiosity
- Marbled Planet Art from I Heart Craft Things
- Math in Art from 4Mula Fun
- 13 Art and Math Projects for Kids from The Art Curator for Kids
More Fun with Homeschool Art
- Geometric Art Printable from A Girl and a Glue Gun
- 27 Ideas for Kids Artwork That You Might Actually Want to Hang from Buzzfeed
- Afternoon Painting Project for Kids from Pineapple and Coconut
- Take Flight from Handmade Kids Art
- Textured Tin Foil Art from Paging Fun Mums
- Paper Weaving from Babble Dabble Do
- Scream Blow Painting from Art Projects for Kids
- 25 Collaborative Art Projects for Kids from Buggy and Buddy
- 16 Faux Stained Glass Crafts for Kids from Buggy and Buddy
- Heart String Art from Sugar Bee Crafts
Looking for more help with homeschool art? Here are a few ways we’ve integrated art into our homeschool:
- Art Appreciation for Busy Homeschool Parents
- Teaching Art Fundamentals with Online Lessons
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschool Artist Study
- The Homeschool Art Instruction You Need All in One Place
- Our Must-Have Supplies for Homeschool Art
After all these links, if you still find yourself struggling to include art in your homeschool days, check out these Easy Ideas to Add Art Appreciation to Your Homeschool.
Lastly, this post is part of two iHomeschool Network linkups: the Back to School Link Round Up and Resources for Homeschool Moms. If you’re looking for homeschool help, you’ll find all sorts of ideas between these two posts.
You don’t have to be a homeschooler to learn from home!
These art helps are awesome from learning from home… even for non-homeschool families.
If you’re not a homeschooler, but need more ideas to keep your kids learning while out of school, we’ve got you covered!