As a homeschool parent, some of my favorite memories involve having one of my kiddos curled up in my lap with an alphabet book in hand. Those ABC books pack a lot of punch in their often short pages! For us, our time with alphabet books have helped with letter recognition and early reading skills, boosted confidence, and encouraged my kids develop a love for reading.
(This post contains affiliate links; please see disclosure for details.)
Between two kids, I’ve certainly become familiar with my share of alphabet books. While we’ve borrowed many of them time and time again from our libraries, there are some we loved enough to buy for ourselves.
Today, I’m sharing the ones that have been my kids’ favorites. Although it’s not surprising, many of these books have been favorites for both of my kids. These books are just that good! If you’re looking for some ABC books to add to your library list or your Amazon cart, I happily recommend the following:
Our 10 Favorite ABC Books
1 .Max’s ABC by Rosemary Wells
2. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
3. LMNO Peas by Keith Baker
4. ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! by Dr. Seuss
5. I Spy Little Letters by Jean Marzollo
6. A is for Ark: Noah’s Journey by Colleen Monroe and Michael Glenn Monroe
7. Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert
8. Alpha Oops!: The Day Z Went First by Alethea Kontis
9. The Sleepy Little Alphabet by Judy Sierra
10. Thomas’ ABC Book by Rev. W. Awdry
Have any of these been favorite ABC books in your home also?
Looking for more book lists for your homeschool? Stop by iHomeschool Network’s Massive Guide to Homeschool Reading Lists and you won’t be disappointed!